IBS Americas is committed to transparency in its relationship with the academic
community, with the privacy and security of users' data during the process of interacting
with our website. In order to better understand what information we collect and how we
User registration data is not disclosed to third parties, except when a standard for the
enrollment process in our educational programs.
Data processing agent: Associação Educacional IBS Americas.
Role of IBS Americas in the treatment of data: Predominantly controller.
Type of personal information collected: IBS Americas collects data that users provide
when they register on our website, also when there is interest in participating in our
selection processes, and/or just to receive information.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- To send information requested by interested parties.
- For sending a newsletter.
- For future opportunities.
- For your enrollment in our scholarships.
- For your enrollment at the university of your choice.
- To coordinate with universities the availability of scholarships.
- To carry out a program change.
- For registration in our mini-courses and symposia.
- To send other notices of academic interest.
- For disclosure of information with opportunities for future scholarships.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR Federal Law 13709/2018) gives our
users the right to request IBS Americas, at any time, upon formal request, information
regarding the processed data.
Personal data – any information related to a person who identifies him or who, used in
combination with other processed information, identifies an individual. Also, any
information through which it is possible to identify a person or to contact him.
Treatment of personal data – treatment of personal data is considered the collection,
production, reception, classification, use, access, reproduction, transmission,
distribution, processing, filing, storage, disposal, evaluation or control of information,
communication, transfer, dissemination, or extraction of personal data.
Data subject – any individual whose personal data is processed by IBS Americas.
- Purpose – what we want to achieve with the processing of personal data.
Necessity – - the processing of personal data must be limited to the minimum necessary
for the intended purpose. That is, it must be relevant, proportional and not excessive.
Consent – clear and objective authorization that the holder gives for the treatment of
his personal data for the purpose previously stipulated. After giving consent, the user
can revoke it at any time. The revocation does not cancel the processing carried out
It applies to all users of IBS Americas (including websites and social networks), who in
some way have the personal data processed by us.
2. WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND USE?
Information you provide to us: The information that you, the user, provide to us, within
our website, landing pages, social networks and e-mail, are used primarily so that you
have a better experience and receive via e-mail, via WhatsApp/Telegram message, or
by phone call, more information about our services (our courses, our short courses, our
newsletter, symposia and lectures).
In case of application/approval of scholarships, your data may be shared with our partner
universities in order to validate the scholarship and register the student within the
This data can later be used to optimize our advertising campaigns
We ratify that at any time the user, not finding it more interesting to receive our content,
can request its cancellation.
Information collected automatically by IBS Americas: The data we collect
automatically, via Cookies, allows us to offer you a better experience on our website. So,
we get information about your browser, the device used [computer or mobile (IOS or
Android)] and demographic data, such as location.
This also happens when you click on any of our campaigns on social networks or partner
3. WHY DO WE REQUEST YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Data is needed to:
- that the contracted service is provided.
- optimize your interaction with us.
- guarantee the security of the website,
- inform users about scholarships and publicize our services.
- comply with legal obligations.
- administrative and management purposes.
The provision of data allows:
- deliver the contracted services.
- send updates on the status of the scholarship process.
- coordinate with partner universities the availability of scholarships.
- provide services tailored to the user's needs.
- improve the selection process experience.
- perform targeted online advertising.
IBS Americas uses legal bases, which may vary according to the purpose of the
collection, to treat users' personal data. The storage period may change according to the
legal basis applicable to each situation and purpose.
4. COLLECTION OF DATA NOT EXPRESSLY PROVIDED
collected, if they are provided with the user's consent, or that the collection is permitted
or imposed by law.
5. HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
The information collected will only be shared when necessary:
- Upon judicial decision or a request from a competent authority.
- Partner universities, in the case of applying for scholarships and enrollment.
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
As the internet is a global environment, the services offered by IBS Americas require the
transfer of your data to other countries.
In such cases, the data is treated in accordance with the GDPR (General Data Protection
Law) and other protective legislation. We take security measures in accordance with our
policies and adopt standard clauses in contracts with our partner universities and service
By browsing our website, you consent to the processing of your information, including
international data transfer, when necessary. We take steps to ensure that any
information collected is treated securely, in accordance with data protection standards
7. WHAT ARE THE RIGHTS OF THE DATA HOLDER?
As from the beginning of the GDPR, the holder of personal data will have the right to
obtain, at any time, upon formal request, information regarding his data.
IBS Americas will have 15 days to respond to the holders' requests. Requests will be
analyzed as provided for in current legislation and, due to legal issues, some requests
may not be met.
Data subjects, according to the text of the GDPR, can exercise their rights through:
- Confirmation of the existence of treatment.
- Access to data.
- Correction of incomplete, inaccurate, or outdated data.
- Anonymizing, blocking, or eliminating unnecessary, excessive, or treated data in noncompliance with the provisions of this Law.
- Data portability to another service or product supplier, upon express request, in
accordance with the regulations of the national authority, observing commercial and
- Elimination of personal data processed with the consent of the holder.
- Information on public and private entities with which the controller shared data use.
- Information about the possibility of not giving consent and about the consequences of
- Revocation of consent.
8. HOW DO YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS?
The user, in general, can request the revision or revocation of consent of the data
through the following email [email protected]
If you do not want to receive our marketing communications, you can also unsubscribe
by clicking on the link available at the bottom of email marketing.
9. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small data files stored on your computer or on other devices (such as
'smartphones' or 'tablets') while you browse the site.
browser or device, learn more about your interests.
10. RETENTION AND EXCLUSION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
IBS Americas uses the best security protocols to preserve the privacy of users' data but
also recommends individual protection measures.
To maintain the security and protection of your personal data provided when registering
for our programs, under no circumstances should your login and password be shared
with third parties. In addition, when accessing your registration mainly on public
computers, make sure that you have logged out of your account to prevent unauthorized
people from accessing and using the information without your knowledge
For more information, you can consult our Security Guide.
We will treat your personal data with a high level of protection and guarantee your
privacy, browsing our platforms and using our services, or potential students with whom
we share our experiences and publicize our services.
Even in the event that you decide to delete your personal data from our registration base,
IBS Americas may retain some or all of your personal data for additional periods to
comply with legal or regulatory obligations, for the regular performance of IBS America's
rights, potential lawsuits, purposes of possible duplicate issuance of diplomas and
supporting documentation for participation in our programs for alumni.
11. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON DATA PROTECTION
12. HOW TO CONTACT THE IBS AMERICAS DATA PROTECTION PERSON?
The person in charge of data protection is the person chosen by IBS Americas to act as
a communication channel between the controller, the data holders, and the National Data
Protection Authority (ANPD) when it is formalized. Any questions can be directed to [email protected].
13. LEGISLATION AND JURISDICTION
This policy will be governed, interpreted, and executed in accordance with the Laws of
the Federative Republic of Brazil, especially Law No. 13,709 / 2018, regardless of the
laws of other states or countries, with the student's home jurisdiction being competent to
resolve any doubts arising from this document.
14. LAST UPDATE ON PRIVACY POLICIES
Last updated: February 12th